ArtistaDonna Nata

ArtistaDonna Nata
Artist/Writer

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Count Down Till Spring!


Count Down Till Spring!
by Nata Romeo (ArtistaDonna)

On the first day, Bella glances, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, stubborn winter, tucks its white blanket onto the ground.

On the second day, Bella gazes, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, persistent winter, wraps its icy fingers around the branches.

On the third day, Bella gawks, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, pig-headed winter, stomps it’s white footprints onto the rooftops.

On the fourth day, Bella stares, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, hard-headed winter, icecoats salt granules onto the roads.

On the fifth day, Bella studies, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, bull-headed winter, paints the neighborhood iced milk.

On the sixth day, Bella spys, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, strong-willed winter, swirls a dusting of sugar upon the porch steps.

On the seventh day, Bella glimpses, and says, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, determined winter, lassos white flakes onto cars in passing.

On the eighth day, Bella observes, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, tenacious winter, claws its chilly breath across the cotton lawns.

On the ninth day, Bella inspects, “Winter Winter. Go away! Let spring shine today!”

But instead, rebellious winter, dusts baby powder onto mailboxes.

On the tenth day, Bella peers, and says, “Winter Winter. Gone away! Spring is finally here!

Well at least till summer kicks in!”

Hooray! Hooray!





Note: This story is entered in the 

The In Just Spring Contest!!! 

 http://susannahill.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-in-just-spring-contest.html

The two photos above are actual photos that I took of my daughter Bella and her first spring seed :)

23 comments:

Patricia T. said...

Very child-like. Loved the twist at the end. And the counting. I enjoyed reading this a lot!

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Patricia for commenting. I was aiming for child-like :) My daughters name is Bella. She inspired me to write this because she is doing the count down till spring.So far winter is not letting go! lol

heatherdent56 said...

Your imagery is beautiful! I especially liked, "lassos white snow flakes onto cars in passing" Good verbs! Well done.

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

Thank you Heather :)
so happy you enjoyed my spring story!
smiles :)

Andrea Mack said...

I really like the idea of a spring countdown!

Anonymous said...

You have an ideal counting format for the young.
Maybe you could stray a bit less far from the rules at the end, and at least correct the punctuation typo?

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

What a fun way to do a spring story, Donna! I love the count down! And all your descriptions are wonderful! - tucking the white blanket and leaving footprints on the roof - lovely! Thanks for a great, child-friendly entry, Donna! :)

Anonymous said...

Great language...and cute concept for a spring story.

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Andrea for your kind words :)

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Colonialist for pointing out the typo! I fixed that immediately :)

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you so much Susanna! I am so happy I was able to achieve the child-like imagery :)
never thought I'd be able to rhyme! I am getting better at using less lol

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Penny for commenting :) I really appreciate it!

Gretchen Fogelstrom said...

I can see Stella and her impatience. Fun!

Teresa Robeson said...

Poor Bella! I felt every ounce of her impatience with her. Really lovely images of the lingering winter.

Donna L Sadd said...

In the beautiful way you painted winter, I was sorry to see it go. Very nice piece Donna. I

Laura Renauld said...

I love how you personified winter with your adjectives. Great imagery!

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

Hooray! thank you Teresa! so happy you like the way I painted winter :)
thank you for your kind words :)

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Laura! for your fantastic comments :)

Denise Bruce of Ingleside said...

I know this story! lol and love it, Nata!! It's a definite keeper!

Vivian Kirkfield said...

This is a perfect counting concept book, Donna. I truly love the 'tucks a white blanket' image.

Nata Cynthia Artistadonna said...

thank you Denise!!!

Anonymous said...

I love how you personified winter Nata! That old man winter is a stinker! Very sweet tale, love it. :)

Anonymous said...

I seгіοusly lоνе уour blog.
. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you makе thiѕ web ѕite yourself?
Pleаѕе replу back as I'm hoping to create my very own blog and would love to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Appreciate it!

Here is my weblog ... herbal party pills