Meeting Destiny Blurb: Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret…someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense. A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger…Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities.
Author Bio: Nancy was born in Sioux City Iowa, left the cold of the Midwest in 1991 and only returns to see family in the summer time. She spent ten years traveling the world as a US Marine and settled in rural SC with her husband, two children and three dogs. She enjoys RVing with her family, writing Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy and reading all types of Paranormal and Young Adult literature.
Guest post and Giveaway!
If you were granted three wishes what would they be?
Thanks so much for hosting the Meeting Destiny book tour! I’m really excited to be here. My wishes are pretty simple, I had thought of some great wishes, like: World Peace, Food for the Hungry, a Cure for Cancer and hundreds of other things that I believe all of us really want out of life.
Rather than sharing my lofty wishes, I thought I’d share with you three wishes that are personal to me. Hopefully after you read them, you won’t think I’m a knucklehead for shooting too low!
1. I wish for all of your followers to give Meeting Destiny a test drive. To facilitate “test-drives,” and as a thank you to all my fans that are convincing their friends to read it, Meeting Destiny’s e-book is free in all major book stores right now.
2. I wish I understood how to use “lists” and why “#” should be inserted on twitter. I bought a book to learn about twitter – (go figure!) – but I am still in awe of people that are able to use the “#” to show a conversation on their blog. Maybe I need to read a few more chapters of the book I bought! LOL! If anyone out there would like to school me on it – I’d be a very willing student!
3. I wish I knew how to build a web page. I have a blog (authnancystraight.blogspot.com) but I am not very savvy when it comes to anything more than inserting a text post. As I look at other people’s blogs I am impressed at the organization of them and the way the book reviews are so professional looking. I think once I figure out how to accomplish Wish #2, I’ll buy a book on building a web page!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I live near Charleston, South Carolina with my husband, two sons and three dogs. I just recently turned forty-one, I love swimming, playing board games, reading and RVing with my family. I published Meeting Destiny in August of 2011, the first book in the Destiny Series. Destiny’s Revenge (book 2) was published in Sep 2011 and Destiny’s Wrath (book 3) was published in Jan 2012.
2. Is there anything you find challenging in your writing?
Sometimes I feel like I need to go back to elementary school, I must have been absent the day we learned the verb tenses for “to lay” and “to set.” LOL! My aunt (and editor), Linda Brant, was a creative writing teacher for thirty plus years, I nearly ran her out of red ink during the editing process! I have a very active imagination, and thankfully my aunt is an incredible editor!
3. What are your current projects?
I’m working on my second series! I haven’t titled the series or any of the books yet, but the first book is about a girl who loses her mother. The two had been isolated her whole life and she believed her mother’s death to have taken the one person on the planet away, that she could call family. She’s surprised to learn that she has a father, brothers, grandparents and an extended family thrilled to welcome her into their folds. There was a reason her mother hid her away. I’m envious of authors that can work on multiple projects simultaneously, I’m not one of them. I’ll work on this series until I hit the “publish” button.
4. What sparked the idea for your novel?
A friend and I were talking about relationships and how some people really seem to be made for one another. People will pass in and out of each other’s lives for years, and then – BAM – it hits them that this is the person they’ve been looking for. Destiny and finding the right person was what inspired Meeting Destiny and ultimately the Destiny Series.
5. Do you write what you know or do you research new ideas?
Meeting Destiny required very little research, for the whole series I definitely stayed in my comfort zone. The series I’m working on now has required a great deal of research.
6. Which author would you love to co-author a book with?
Shelly Crane has the innate ability to absolutely make her readers fall in love with her characters. Rachel Higginson is able to weave a thoroughly engrossing story (one that I found myself reading every time I had 30 seconds of free time). Charlotte Abel’s humor in her writing caused laughter at 2am while I was supposed to be sleeping. Shannon Dermott’s characters are so endearing I wanted to hug them! I would love to co-author a book with any of these four ladies!
7. Print or e-book?
e-book, hands down! I love that I can easily re-read a favorite book without having to search every shelf, cupboard, and box in my house trying to figure out where I put it!
8. What is the last book you read?
I just finished Rachel Higginson’s Endless Magic (book 4) in her Star-Crossed series. The series was recommended to me by a friend on Goodreads.com and I absolutely LOVED it! Her first book, Reckless Magic is FREE on Amazon – for anyone out there that hasn’t read it, you should definitely give it a try!
9. Are you an early bird writer or a night owl?
More of a night owl, but there are lots of days where I have had an idea at 4am and jump out of bed to go write for a couple hours so I don’t lose it!
10. Just curious . . . Harry Potter or Twilight?
Twilight – by far. J
Giveaway! 3 winners!!!
(1) one winner will receive a signed hard copy of Meeting Destiny directly from the author!(1) one winner will receive a Signed Dark Seeker bookmark!
(1) one winner will receive a Signed Whispering Hills bookmark
Amazon - Paperback
Amazon Kindle- E-book
Barnes & Noble
a Rafflecopter giveaway