Why are we doing this? The answer is simple. It is for YOU – the writers, librarians, teachers, and lovers of books -- especially books for young readers. The GROG is fueled by writers who collaborate to bring you information and resources which will enable you to maneuver the “writing world.” Our GROG will help you grow and become a better writer. We are sharing with you what we are learning, and we are learning from some of the best – Tara Lazar, Kristen McGill Fulton, Dianna Aston, Nancy I. Sanders, and others.
- Jan Godown Annino: wrote the award winning book, She Sang Promise: The Story of Betty Mae Jumper, Seminole Tribal Leader.
- Tina Wheatcraft Cho: is the author of 25 guided reading books, a coloring book, and has three forthcoming books from Legacy Press Kids.
- Christy Mihaly: has published articles and stories in children’s magazines, is a lawyer and volunteer educator, and is writing books for children, from picture books to middle grade.
- Sherri Jones Rivers: is a former English and drama teacher who has published children’s poems and puzzles. She loves rhyme and has written over two-hundred personal poems.
- Patricia Toht: is a former children’s bookstore owner, author, and poet.
- Marcie Flinchum Atkins: can teach you all you need to know about using Mentor Texts in your writing.
- Leslie Colin Tribble: is our on-staff “Nature Expert.”
- Pam Vaughn: Pam is our staff sports specialist. Leader, team builder, motivator, writes PB and MG.
- Suzy Leopold: is an educator who reads and writes with students everyday. She is a writer and a creative painter.
- Janie Reinart:encourages everyone to experience the joy of writing. Her publications include educational and adult nonfiction books, articles, and preschool workbooks.
- Todd Burleson: is one of our resident children’s librarian and technology wizard.
- Kathy Halsey: is our other children’s librarian/writer who can help you find the right book or direct you to great online resources.
- Cheryl Mansfield: loves writing middle grade books and picture books.
- Jackie Wellington: loves writing and researching.