ArtistaDonna Nata

ArtistaDonna Nata
Artist/Writer

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Unfinished Book Review




In a future where the Unfinished (murdered) are brought back to life for only 72 hours to testify against their killers before being "put down" for eternity... an Unfinished is brought back to life, to what he believes is his moment to put his killer behind bars.
He remembers the final details of his life; his boring job as a mattress salesman, the dame he had high hopes for a future with, and the man who took his life.
Once brought back to life and taken to court, this Unfinished could never have imagined what was waiting for him.
Written in a world that is our future, giving homage to 1940's detective noir stories, the Unfinished serves up a twist ending that will leave you wanting to follow this mug to the bitter end.



My Review:
I had the pleasure of reading Patrice Williams-Marks book titled Unfinished. First off, I was intrigued by the title, second the cover and third I wanted to know more about what was unfinished. I loved the opening hook! "Death sucks," ha ha isn't that the truth. The premise of the story is unique and keeps the reader on his or her toes. Fast paced plot and amazing true voice. I just loved the character voice, it made me chuckle and wanted to keep reading even though my eyes were struggling to stay open after working a long day at school. Written in first person, makes us feel what the character is going through. Murdered, and returns to face the one that ended his life. Wouldn't this be grand if this could happen in real life? ya I know! justice will be served! But the thing that makes this story all the better is that the "awakened" only have 72 hours to do this in the court of law and then unfortunately, they have to return to their "eternal slumber" aww that sucks!
I am not just saying this just because I'm writing this review but I really really really  want to read this book when it comes out! boy I sound like a kindergartener!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: